Medical CNC machined components are precision machined parts used in medical devices, equipment, implants, and surgical instruments. These parts are manufactured using computer numerical control (CNC) machining, where machinists use code to automatically run machines such as mills, mills or lathes. CNC machining has become the method of choice for medical device manufacturers who demand extremely high tolerances and consistency when producing life-saving devices.
In order to let more people understand the practical application of medical CNC machining components, today we will take a look at the common types of CNC machining medical parts.
Examples of Medical CNC Machining Parts Include:
- Surgical scissors
- Biopsy tubes
- Blade handles
- Implant holders
- Plate benders
- Bone screws
- Ligation devices
- Handheld surgical equipment
- Buttons, switches, and levers for electronic medical equipment
- Monitor housings for medical devices like MRI scanners, heart rate monitors, and X-ray machines
CNC machines can work with the most common materials for medical and surgical tools, instruments and parts, including stainless steel, aluminum, titanium and production-grade plastics like PEEK. Medical implants, such as hip replacements, spinal implants, and knee implants, are also manufactured using CNC machining.
The Type of Medical CNC Machining Components
If these medical CNC machining components are classified from a macro perspective, then in general, these precision medical parts can be roughly divided into the following categories:
- Surgical instruments: CNC machining is used to produce high-grade surgical instruments used by medical experts during operations, such as surgical scissors, blade handles, biopsy tubes, cutters, implant holders, and forceps;
- Bone fixation devices: CNC machining is used to produce bone fixation devices, such as plates, screws, and pins, which are used to stabilize broken bones during the healing process;
- Spinal fixation devices: CNC machining is used to produce spinal fixation devices, such as rods, screws, and plates, which are used to stabilize the spine after surgery;
- Implantable devices: CNC machining is used to produce implantable devices, such as pacemakers, artificial joints, and dental implants;
- Medical pumps: CNC machining is used to produce components for medical pumps, which are used to deliver medication or fluids to patients;
- CT and MRI scanners: CNC machining is used to produce components for CT and MRI scanners, which are used to diagnose medical conditions;
- Prosthetics: CNC machining is used to produce components for prosthetics, such as artificial limbs, which are used to replace missing body parts.
In summary, medical CNC machining is used to produce a wide range of components for the medical industry, including surgical instruments, bone fixation devices, spinal fixation devices, implantable devices, medical pumps, CT and MRI scanners, and prosthetics. CNC machining is ideal for producing highly specialized medical devices, equipment, surgical products, prosthetics, and other products that frequently require one-off or single-use custom parts. Click to view the best medical CNC machining services in the world.
If you are looking for a medical CNC processing company, it is recommended that you actually inspect the company’s production workshop and CNC manufacturing capabilities. We are the most advanced CNC processing company in China. We produce various precision non-standard metal or plastic parts for the medical device industry. If you need customized medical parts, please contact us.