XI’AN HI-PRECISION MACHINERY CO., LTD
CNC Mill Lathe Combo Machining Service
What Is CNC Mill Lathe Combo Machining?
Combo machining is to realize several different machining technologies on one machine. CNC mill lathe combo machining is equivalent to a combination of a CNC lathe and a CNC milling machine.
Except for CNC mill lathe combo, compound machines also include various forms such as milling and grinding combinations, cutting and 3D printing combinations, cutting and ultrasonic vibration combinations, laser and stamping combinations, etc. The purpose of compounding is to make a machine tool have multiple Functions, can complete multiple tasks in one clamping, and improve processing efficiency and processing accuracy.
In order to improve the processing efficiency and processing accuracy of complex special-shaped products, craftsmen have been seeking more efficient and precise processing methods. The emergence of CNC mill lathe combo processing equipment provides an effective solution for improving the processing accuracy and efficiency of aerospace parts.
Processing efficiency and precision are the eternal goals pursued in the field of metal processing. With the continuous development of numerical control technology, computer technology, machine tool technology, and processing technology, traditional processing concepts can no longer meet people’s requirements for processing speed, efficiency and precision. In this context, composite processing technology came into being. Generally speaking, composite processing refers to the general term for processing technologies that can complete different processes or different process methods on one processing equipment. Composite processing technology is mainly manifested in two different types, one is the composite of different processing methods based on energy or movement mode; the other is based on the principle of process concentration and mainly based on mechanical processing technology. CNC mill lathe combo machining is one of the fastest-growing machining methods in this field in recent years.
Aviation product parts are characterized by multi-variety and small batches, complicated processes, and the overall thin-walled structure and difficult-to-machine materials are widely used. Therefore, long manufacturing cycles, large material removal, low processing efficiency, and serious processing deformation are common in the manufacturing process. bottleneck. In order to improve the processing efficiency and processing accuracy of aviation complex products, craftsmen have been seeking more efficient and precise processing methods. The emergence of CNC mill lathe combo processing equipment provides an effective solution for improving the machining accuracy and efficiency of aviation parts.
Turning and milling is an advanced cutting processing method that uses the synthetic motion of milling cutter rotation and workpiece rotation to realize the cutting process of the workpiece, so that the workpiece can meet the requirements of use in terms of shape accuracy, position accuracy, and machined surface integrity. CNC mill lathe combo machining is not simply combining turning and milling into one machine tool, but using CNC mill lathe combo motion to complete the processing of various surfaces. A new cutting theory and cutting technology.
Composite processing is also called complete processing and multi-functional processing. The compound processing machine tool completes multiple processing procedures by clamping parts at one time, shortens the processing time and improves the processing accuracy, so it is welcomed by users. CNC mill lathe combo machine is a main type of compound processing machine tool. It usually realizes milling processes such as plane milling, drilling and tapping, and slot milling on a CNC lathe. It has compound functions such as turning, milling, and boring. It can Realize the processing concept of one clamping and all finishing.
The movement of the turning-milling machine includes four basic movements: milling cutter rotation, workpiece rotation, milling cutter axial feed and radial feed. According to the relative position of the workpiece rotation axis and the tool rotation axis, CNC mill lathe combo machining can be divided into axial turning-milling machining, orthogonal turning-milling machining and general turning-milling machining. Among them, axial turning and milling and orthogonal turning and milling are the two most widely used turning and milling methods. Axial turning and milling processing Since the rotation axes of the milling cutter and the workpiece are parallel to each other, it can not only process the outer cylindrical surface, but also the inner hole surface. Orthogonal turning and milling machining, because the rotation axes of the milling cutter and the workpiece are perpendicular to each other, it cannot process the inner hole when the diameter of the inner hole is small, but when machining the outer cylindrical surface, the longitudinal travel of the milling cutter is not limited, and can be used Larger longitudinal infeed, therefore, higher efficiency when machining outer cylindrical surfaces.
Compared with the conventional CNC machining process, the outstanding advantages of CNC mill lathe combo machining are mainly manifested in the following aspects:
- Shorten the product manufacturing process chain and improve production efficiency. A variety of special tools can be installed, and the new tool arrangement reduces tool change time and improves processing efficiency. CNC mill lathe combo processing can complete all or most of the processing procedures in one clamping, thereby greatly shortening the product manufacturing process chain. In this way, on the one hand, the production auxiliary time caused by the change of clamping is reduced, and at the same time, the manufacturing cycle and waiting time of the fixture are reduced, and the production efficiency can be significantly improved.
- Reduce the number of clamping and improve the machining accuracy. The reduction in the number of loading times avoids the accumulation of errors due to the transformation of the positioning datum. At the same time, most of CNC mill lathe combo equipment has the function of online detection, which can realize the on-site detection and precision control of key data in the manufacturing process, thereby improving the processing accuracy of the product; The gravity processing ability; the machine tool is equipped with an automatic feeding device, which can realize automatic feeding and continuous operation, and basically realize the assembly line operation of a single machine tool.
- Reduce floor space and reduce production costs. The compact and beautiful shape design improves the way of space utilization, and makes maintenance and repair more convenient, so that customers can get the greatest satisfaction; although the single price of CNC mill lathe combo equipment is relatively high, due to the shortening of the manufacturing process chain and the reduction of equipment required for the product , and the reduction in the number of fixtures, workshop floor space and equipment maintenance costs can effectively reduce the overall fixed asset investment, production operation and management costs.
The difference between CNC mill lathe combo machining and 5-axis CNC machining center is:
- Turning and milling compound machining is a machine tool with B-axis linkage and C-axis linkage that can be used for turning and milling. It can be said that all or most of a part can be processed on the turn-milling compound machine tool, so it is also called small production line. It can not only improve the precision of products and the efficiency of processing products, but also greatly save the floor area of machine tools for enterprises. In the past, it was necessary to complete the processing of a part on several machine tools, but now only one machine can complete all the tasks. processing. This type of machine tool can also be divided into vertical milling and turning compound and horizontal turning and milling compound machine tool.
- For the five-axis machining center, it can only do milling but not turning. Therefore, there are many limitations in processing. The turning-milling compound can cover the processing of the five-axis machining center, but the five-axis cannot do the turning-milling compound processing.
Although CNC turning and milling compound processing machines have very high machining accuracy and capabilities, due to their high cost, high production costs, and high maintenance costs, few companies choose turning and milling compound processing.